Google Translator

Recommended Links

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ideas


Wished it were slow on my list (of ideas)! Here's what I've spent most of my morning on:
First I needed to google for Persian names ....the reason is really immaterial; I found a lovely site in Surrey UK. Apparently from the look of the small video that plays as the site opens, the shop is in a gorgeous old building covered by some sort of vine. I immediately fell in love. Inside the shop looks marvelous, just like what I remember of high end carpet shops in Turkey.
I wrote asking for permission to recreate his shop & also if it were possible to have jpgs of the first 3 images of the video.
Well, to my great surprise my email was returned.... Upon further investigation the owner died in 2008. Then when I read his obit, I discovered that he had spent the wartime years in Holland (his birth country) in similar conditions to Anne Frank. Now I've got my brain working overtime!
I've written to the site where I found his obit notice, asking if they could forward my email request to his family or perhaps send me photos.

We'll see what comes of it.......

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful building! It looks like it would be fun to do. It looks so peaceful! I hope you can get permission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you get permission for this new project. Just think of the possibilities and the story that would accompany it. Fingers crossed you get a favourable response.

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you....