Google Translator

Recommended Links

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Farewell to Nova Scotia

These are the silver weapons that I made in class:...and the goodies I came home with:
My workshop was over all too quickly. Since I'd flown in from St John, New Brunswick with limited flights to Toronto, I needed to stay overnight. I'd booked a motel sight unseen on the recommendation of it being a fairly new hotel, reasonably priced and well situated to the airport. Did I mention "reasonably" priced?
What I hadn't expected was a suite consisting of a living room with fireplace and wall mounted TV, a kitchenette with fridge and microwave, a jacuzzi tub as well as a bathroom with shower, a table & chairs as well as a desk. There was even a duvet on the queen sized bed where normally all you'd get are blankets.
I almost didn't make it home on the next morning. The fog was extremely thick with less than 1/2km visibility; the pilot actually flew 1000 meters higher to get above the cloud cover. Ken met me carrying a single red rose.
Today was just another day with loads of laundry to do.

Promise that the next post will be about castle building and not about kelp harvesting:

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the 'goodies you came home with' are amazing - drooling happening here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could fill 2 castles with all those goodies, lucky you. Glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karin
    I really wish I could have gone this year - thank you for posting pics from Camp and for posting Farewell To Nova Scotia. I miss home...
    Debbie G.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like you had a really fab time, and wow - all those goodies. You'll certainly have great fun finding homes for all those bits.

    ReplyDelete

Always love hearing from you....