Google Translator

Recommended Links

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

your help is needed!

First off, thanks for all your sympathy & hugs.
I know that the leaks are temporary and will provide the perfect excuse to paint the kitchen. I never did like the color that was used by the previous owner.
Supposedly we are due for 4 dry & sunny days, so that should be enough time to finish the roof to the point where the snow/rain membrane will bond enough to protect us until the metal cladding can be attached.
As for my bracelet, since I wasn't insured, the only way I'll recoup the money is next year at tax time when I'll be able to claim the entire value & not just the money that I paid for it. I got into the business because it allowed me to buy beautiful things without filling the house to excess. It's like being on a scavenger hunt. Unfortunately it's not a get-rich-quick business. The people who I feel sorry for are the dealers who need their profits to live on.

All these things, are the kind of set-backs sent to try us. If there's enough of them, then they become character building. At no time can they be classed as devastating....or life threatening.

So with all that said, here's an issue that is devastating:
Lorrie is a member of one of the communities that I belong to, who is facing the possible death of a member of her 4-legged family. For many of us whose 2-legged children have left house or who have never had any, we adopt 4-legged ones to give our love to. Lorrie is facing a large medical bill to pay for the cancer treatment of one of her cats. As a result she's trying to raise the money by selling her mini dolls:

These dolls and many others are from her private collection. If you're at all in need of a doll to complete your dollhouse or if you'd like bare parts to try your hand at doll making, please take a look at what she has for sale.
Lorrie, I hope you know that our thoughts are with you. If there's anything I've learned it's this, although we miniaturists are spread throughout the world, we're a very close knit community! Chin up and mini hugs to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always love hearing from you....